Trigoniou Tower

The round tower of Trigonio, or Alyseos (Zintzirli Kule in Turkish-Tower of the Chain) is the work of Suleiman the Magnificent (1520-1566) and marks the union of the northern and the eastern wall. It is part of the fortification that was completed and expanded during the Ottoman period, in order to improve the oldest Byzantine construction. The same works include the White Tower and the Tower of Vardariou.